Facelift for men in NYC
Why Should I Consider a Facelift?
A facelift (rhytidectomy) can help improve the most visible signs of aging by removing excess fat, tightening underlying muscles, as well as rejuvenating the skin of the face and neck. Men in NYC seeking to look younger and regain their confidence may consider a facelift surgery. Taking the opportunity to discuss a Facelift with your plastic surgeon will provide you with all of the information you will need. Men often seek a Facelift as their cosmetic surgery of choice to stay competitive in the workforce, to keep up with their spouse who regularly obtains anti-aging treatments and/or to feel a boost in self-confidence in their daily lives.
Facelifts for men are most effective for patients who want to correct:
- Midface sagging
- Deep creases under the eyes
- Deep creases between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Jowls due to loss of muscle tone
- Sagging areas of fat
- Loose skin and fat under the chin and jaw
Men seeking to treat signs of age in the brow, eyelids, and midface areas can combine their facelift surgery with a brow lift and/or eyelid surgery. Further more, facial implants, injectables and/or skin resurfacing can work to enhance the results of a facelift procedure. Dr. Steinbrech offers all of his male patients in NYC the best options suited for their desired result in his facelift consultations.
Is Facelift Surgery Right For Me?
The best male candidates for a facelift:
- Wish to improve one or more of the signs of aging indicated above
- Are men or women whose faces have begun to sag, but whose skin still has some elasticity
- Are generally healthy
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations
- Are considering a facelift for personal reasons, not because someone else is pressuring them to do so
During your consultation, Dr. Steinbrech will discuss whether a facelift is right for you.
How is a Facelift Performed?
Male patients may have a choice of IV sedation or general anesthesia. The Facelift procedure takes about two hours.
The facelift procedure itself varies depending on your surgeon, your facial structure, and your desired result. The three most common incision techniques are:
- Traditional facelift: The “full” facelift for rejuvenating the face, jowls and neck, including fat sculpting, lifting and re-positioning of muscle and deeper tissues, skin trimming and re-draping. The incision begins at the temples and travels down to the front of the ear, around the earlobe, and behind the ear to the lower scalp at the hairline. Sometimes, another incision is made under the chin.
- Limited-incision facelift: For limited rejuvenation around the eyes and mouth, including nasolabial folds and other deep creases. Short incisions are made at the temples and around the ear, and possibly in the lower eyelids and/or under the upper lip as well.
- Neck lift: A neck lift concentrates on jowls, loose skin on the neck, and fat under the chin. The incision is made around the ear lobe and behind the ear to the lower scalp.
In all three methods, incisions are closed with stitches or tissue glue. Scars are artfully placed to be hidden in the hairline as well as the natural contours of the face.
What Can I Expect During My Facelift Recovery?
After your rhytidectomy, your doctor will wrap the incisions in bandages and may place drainage tubes in the area. The tubes will be taken out the next day, when your hair will be carefully washed. If surgical clips are used to hold the incisions closed, they will be removed one week after the facelift along with your stitches.
At first, you may experience swelling, numbness, bruising, and a feeling of tightness or tension in the face and neck. Your face may look uneven or distorted, and your facial muscles may feel stiff; all usually resolve within 3-6 weeks. Sensation typically returns to normal within a few months. Scars become less red, raised, lumpy or itchy in time.
Male NYC patients may return to work after 3 weeks after their facelift surgery.
You should be gentle with your skin and hair as you recover. Men may need to shave behind the neck and ears where areas of beard-growing skin have moved.
For more information about facelift for men in NYC, please call (646) 480-7750 or fill out our contact form to set up your no-obligation facelift consultation today.
Gladiator Abs Procedure By Dr. Steinbrech, Male Coolsculpting Procedure, Male Plastic Surgery Implant Packages In New York, Male Plastic Surgery Facts, Hi Def Pectoral Augmentation Treatment In New York